Sunday 10 June 2012

UPDATES. for this week.

Friday
Marks the end of 8 weeks in school, the beginning of 2 weeks 'study break'. The reason why i put the inverted commas is cuz... this is totally not a break at all. So many things to do, gotta rush assignments, study, go to school for practice and meetings... my gosh. There's no breather at all. 

And to make matters worse, I went to the doctor for consultation regarding my right heel which has been bothering me since who knows when.. Doc said it was warts. AND IT FREAKING GREW ON MY HEEL!WTH!! Normally, a wart grows outwards, but since I was weight-bearing on my heel, the wart grew INWARDS instead. It actually went quite deep in. And doc decided to cut them off there and then, catching me off-guard. I was all dressed up ready to go catch Madagascar 3 with my friends and all.. that totally blew everything off. Oh, did i mention i had 2 warts? One on the border of my left foot, one on the right heel. 

So, i went into the room, lay face done and doc told me ' Please do not move your leg or scream at me, cuz the anaesthesia jab is gonna hurt real bad.' I was so scared! And it really hurt real bad!! I was on the verge of tears. I held it in on the first jab to the left ( the smaller wart) but the second one was like 10/10 pain. INTOLERABLE!

The procedure following that was pain-free~ but i could feel the doctor snipping and pulling and smell my burning flesh cuz he burnt the affected part away. So next thing I heard was ' oh dear this is so deep (refering to the right heel)' So worrying. and then he went on saying that there was a lot of blood. OMG!

Haha.. so this was how my right foot looked like all wrapped up!

After the procedure was done, i felt sooooo giddy and felt like vomitting. seriously bad. And i couldn't walk cuz the analgesia for the left side was fading off.. no choice but to go home alone in the cab. and i nearly fainted while waiting for the cab -.-

So I spent the whole of Sat resting/sleeping at home cuz I didn't want to rely on Ponstan to relief pain, my sleep was totally affected.

Sunday
So then today is my paternal cousin's wedding which was held at Fullerton Hotel.
My parents were busy at the market so Winni and I had to be their representatives. So, the 'bai ka' me had to go there limping.

It was an expensive meal ($150 per pax) and it tasted HORRIBLE. Totally didn't expect the food to taste that bad since it cost so much and all... and the service is not up to par either. 
1.) The Food.
- Cold plate: consisted of the normal things like jelly fish, prawn, roasted duck and char siew. The char siew was totally full of fats, with very little meat. And the prawn was totally tasteless and processed prawn was used.
- Shark's fin soup: this was supposed to be a delicacy, but i find that this dish was really plain, and the shark's fin was really fishy. Had to add lots of vinegar to cover it up. And personally, I'm not really supportive of people eating shark's fin cuz of how they get the fin and all... SAY NO TO ANIMAL CRUELTY!
- Scallop with Asparagus: All i can say is, there were so much asparagus and only 2 PROCESSED scallop which tasted really weird. Had to add so much chilli sauce to cover the taste.
- Steamed Grouper: So over-rated. One would expect a grouper's meat to be soft, but the one they served was hard.Like those over-cooked kinda texture. Which means the grouper was most probably those frozen kind. Hmmm. What exactly are consumers paying for??
- Roasted Chicken: really dry, no fragrance.
- NOODLES!: TOTALLY BAD! it was literally SOAKED IN OIL! There were residual oil in the bottom of the bowl! totally yucks
- Yam paste with coconut milk: totally SWEET. Not much yam taste.
OVERALL: FAIL!

2.) Service
One would expect the service to be good at Fullerton Hotel right, but this server we had was not exactly up to standard I would say. Firstly, the server occasionally forgot to ask if we still wanted the food and just cleared it away. Secondly, there were a few times she knocked into me while clearing the plates of others and she did not apologise or even  showed any signs that she did anything wrong. Thirdly, when her fellow colleague forgot to serve my aunt her dessert and she asked for it, the server actually rolled her eyes and gave us the 'black face'. Hows that for professionalism??

I'm not trying to be overly critical and all, but isn't Fullerton supposed to be a 5-star hotel?? So how come the overall feel that they gave me was that of a lousy one? Well, maybe not all the staff there were as unprofessional as the one who served us, she most probably was the black sheep. But food-wise? Totally not up to par. That's all I can say. I just feel that my aunt and uncle's money was not well-spent.at all.

Well, anyway, my uncle drove sis and I home after the meal :))
And.. here are some pictures we took.


Paternal cousins!




No comments:

Post a Comment